Throwing pottery on a wheel is the oldest traditional method appearing a long time ago. Before the electricity was invented, ancient craftsman used their feet for rotating the wheel, then, their hands and their fingers have to work fluently together for forming the shape of clay on the wheel. Nowadays, electric pottery wheels help potters too much; however, hand building techniques are still the best ways for creating the best unique, perfect and special ceramics ever.
In the age of industrial ceramic products, the handmade pottery pieces creating by wheel still have the important role because of their unlimited unique, creativity and delicacy. However, pottery throwing skills require a talent or you have to practice as much as you can with your patience and persistence. At De-form, our experts will instruct those pottery techniques, as well as ideas you can apply to your own project, these step-by-step wheel-throwing instructions will help you improve your pottery throwing skills from concept through completion.
What to Expect
- Instruction from wheel throwing experts of De-form.
- This class will broaden your wheel skills, concentrating on larger and more complicated
shapes with many advanced wheel-throwing techniques. After the class, you can build
almost all pottery forms as a ceramic artist by throwing wheel.
- Note: De-form will suggest lessons according to the level of students. The development
in wheel skills during course also depends so much on the understanding and abilities of
Ready to take a class?
- Course Fee: 3,300,000 VND/8 days
– Instruction from teachers: 2 hours x 8 days
– Practice time at De-form’s studio: 3 hours x 10 days