What to Expect
During the course, you will learn all the pottery process in basic: hand-building techniques, how to use the potter’s wheel, glazing techniques, decoration techniques. Specially, you will have a chance to control the kiln for your pottery work fired.
1. Lesson 1: Hand building – Pinching pots
2. Lesson 2: Hand building – Coil building techniques
3. Lesson 3: Hand building – Slab techniques
4. Lesson 4: Surface decoration – Carving techniques, wire faceting techniques,
5. Lesson 5: Surface decoration – Making color slips (mixed between ceramic
pigments and clay)
6. Lesson 6: Surface decoration – Basic of glazing techniques
7. Lesson 7: Hand building – Basic of wheel throwing techniques
8. Lesson 8: Firing techniques (students will fire their own ceramics)
Ready to take a class?
- Registration fee: 2,200,000 VND /16 Classes
(This covers materials used, including clay, glazes, tools, instruction and the cost of glaze firings).
– Instruction from teachers: 2 hours x 8 days
– Practice time at De-form’s studio: 2 hours x 8 passes